- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 Cup Lukewarm Water
- 2 tbsp Dry Yeast
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 3 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Or All Purpose Flour -- or as needed
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Pound Feta Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg White -- beaten
- 1 Tsp Poppy Seeds
- In large mixing bowl, combine water, yeast and honey.
- Let sit in warm place until mixture foams.
- Stir in 1 1/2 to 2 cups flour, or as needed to create thick batter, mixing well with wooden spoon.
- Let batter rise in warm place for 30 minutes. Stir in oil and enough flour to form kneadable dough.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface and knead for 5 to 8 min., or until dough becomes elastic and less sticky.
- Place in clean, lightly oiled bowl.
- Let dough rise in warm place for 1 hr.
- Punch down, and let rise again for 30
- Lightly oil large baking sheet.On floured surface, roll dough into large rectangle. Crumble the feta cheese into middle, then break eggs onto cheese.
- Quickly fold up sides of dough, completely enclosing feta and eggs, and pinching edges to seal.
- Place loaf on baking sheet, and brush with beaten egg white.
- Top with poppy seeds. Let loaf rise for 20 min. Bane at 350° for 45 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool before slicing.
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More