- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 Cup Lukewarm Water
- 2 tbsp Dry Yeast
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 3 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Or All Purpose Flour -- or as needed
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Pound Feta Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg White -- beaten
- 1 Tsp Poppy Seeds
- In large mixing bowl, combine water, yeast and honey.
- Let sit in warm place until mixture foams.
- Stir in 1 1/2 to 2 cups flour, or as needed to create thick batter, mixing well with wooden spoon.
- Let batter rise in warm place for 30 minutes. Stir in oil and enough flour to form kneadable dough.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface and knead for 5 to 8 min., or until dough becomes elastic and less sticky.
- Place in clean, lightly oiled bowl.
- Let dough rise in warm place for 1 hr.
- Punch down, and let rise again for 30
- Lightly oil large baking sheet.On floured surface, roll dough into large rectangle. Crumble the feta cheese into middle, then break eggs onto cheese.
- Quickly fold up sides of dough, completely enclosing feta and eggs, and pinching edges to seal.
- Place loaf on baking sheet, and brush with beaten egg white.
- Top with poppy seeds. Let loaf rise for 20 min. Bane at 350° for 45 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool before slicing.
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More