- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns, split
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained and cut into 1-inch strips
- Place egg white in a large bowl; lightly beat with a whisk.
- Add onion and next 6 ingredients (through turkey); stir well to combine.
- Divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add patties to pan; cook 8 minutes on each side or until done.
- Place patties on bottom halves of hamburger buns.
- Divide peppers evenly among burgers; cover with top halves of buns.
NotesThis recipe is from Cooking Light, and they are the best turkey burgers I have ever had! So flavorful and moist. I form the meat mixture into balls, then place on a nonstick pan coated with cooking spray and flatten with the back of a spatula. This is the best thing to do so they don't fall apart. Also, I cover them while cooking - this keeps the steam in so they stay really moist. We serve them on light whole wheat buns.
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
MidLife Road Trip's
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More