- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns, split
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained and cut into 1-inch strips
- Place egg white in a large bowl; lightly beat with a whisk.
- Add onion and next 6 ingredients (through turkey); stir well to combine.
- Divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add patties to pan; cook 8 minutes on each side or until done.
- Place patties on bottom halves of hamburger buns.
- Divide peppers evenly among burgers; cover with top halves of buns.
NotesThis recipe is from Cooking Light, and they are the best turkey burgers I have ever had! So flavorful and moist. I form the meat mixture into balls, then place on a nonstick pan coated with cooking spray and flatten with the back of a spatula. This is the best thing to do so they don't fall apart. Also, I cover them while cooking - this keeps the steam in so they stay really moist. We serve them on light whole wheat buns.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More