- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 lb lamb
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 1 t. thyme leaves
- 4 pita breads (or tortilla wraps put in the skillet till they brown a little)
- 4 T. thick plain yogurt preferrably greek
- 1 lemon quartered
- small onion chopped
- Lettuce chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 t. olive oil
- 1/2 t. dried oregano
- 1 T. lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper
- Slice the lamb finely but roughly basically hack it up. For the marinade chop garlic and add olive oil, oregano, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the lamb and turn to coat. Marinade until ready to cook.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and sear the lamb over high heat, tossing it until crisp on the edges but still a little pink inside. Add the oregano and thyme and toss well. Take some of the au jus from the pan about 2 T. and add to the yogurt with 1 T. parsley.
- Heat the pita in oven or frying pan for a few minutes no more than 3. Chop the onion and lettuce. Place on each pita a dollop of yogurt, onion, lettuce and lamb. Serve with the lemon wedge to squeeze.
NotesI had some lamb shoulder which is hard to use in any other way then hacked to bits, plus the BF and I love gyros so this recipe was perfect. It is edited from a cookbook.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More