- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 60 mintues
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen, chopped spinach, squeezed dry
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted black olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, divided
- 1 1/2 cups reduced sodium tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a medium baking dish with vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, but do not add salt. Drain.
- Meanwhile, spray a medium nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray. Heat over medium heat.
- Add beef and onion.
- Cook, stirring, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Place mixture on a paper towel-lined plate; drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, ricotta cheese, feta cheese, olives and 2 tablespoons mint.
- Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce in prepared dish.
- Top with 3 noodles.
- Spread some spinach mixture over noodles.
- Top with some beef mixture.
- Spoon 1/4 cup tomato sauce over beef mixture.
- Continue layering with remaining noodles, spinach mixture, beef mixture, and sauce.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake until filling is heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining mint. Serve immediately.
NotesDelicious-a family favorite! Fresh and flavorful!
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More