- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 kg ground beef and pork (or beet and lamb)
- 1 kg potatoes
- 1.5 kg eggplant or zucchini
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 1 onion
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- Olive oil for frying
- Salt & pepper
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- Dry breadcrumbs
- In deep saucepan, brown meat and onion in olive oil.
- Stir in cinnamon, tomato, salt, cumin and pepper; let simmer over low heat until liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 1/3 cheese and 3–4 tablespoons breadcrumbs.
- Stir well.
- Clean potatoes and trim eggplants.
- Cut into thin slices (about 1cm thick) and fry.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Lightly butter large baking dish; sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Layer potatoes on bottom of pan; sprinkle with a little grated cheese.
- Spread meat mixture over potatoes.
- Layer eggplant slices over meat.
- Pour bechamel sauce over eggplant.
- Sprinkle with a little grated cheese and breadcrumbs, then drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake moussaka at 180' C. for about 1 hour.
- Let it cool for 15 – 20 minutes, then cut into squares and serve.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More