- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 kg ground beef and pork (or beet and lamb)
- 1 kg potatoes
- 1.5 kg eggplant or zucchini
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 1 onion
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- Olive oil for frying
- Salt & pepper
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- Dry breadcrumbs
- In deep saucepan, brown meat and onion in olive oil.
- Stir in cinnamon, tomato, salt, cumin and pepper; let simmer over low heat until liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 1/3 cheese and 3–4 tablespoons breadcrumbs.
- Stir well.
- Clean potatoes and trim eggplants.
- Cut into thin slices (about 1cm thick) and fry.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Lightly butter large baking dish; sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Layer potatoes on bottom of pan; sprinkle with a little grated cheese.
- Spread meat mixture over potatoes.
- Layer eggplant slices over meat.
- Pour bechamel sauce over eggplant.
- Sprinkle with a little grated cheese and breadcrumbs, then drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake moussaka at 180' C. for about 1 hour.
- Let it cool for 15 – 20 minutes, then cut into squares and serve.
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wifeSee More
Italian White Bean Soup
Butterscotch Hard Candy
Meringue Candy CanesSee More