- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- For Tzatziki:
- 1 cup of plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and minced
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice (or more, to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh dill (or more, to taste)
- For Nachos:
- 1 lb. ground lamb (optional)
- 2-4 pita pockets, cut into fourths
- 2-4 tablespoons of feta
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
Tzatziki (For best flavor, can be made a day ahead):
Place minced cucumbers in a fine mesh strainer and salt liberally. Allow the cucumbers to drain for at least an hour (or up to three hours). Gently fold cucumbers into yogurt, along with other ingredients. Allow to chill in the fridge so flavors can combine.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Coat pita triangles with a thin layer of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake for 5-10 minutes, or until golden. Check often to prevent burning.
Meanwhile, brown ground lamb (if using) in a skillet over medium heat.
Pile baked pita chips on a plate, and layer with lamb, tomatoes, cucumber, onions, and feta. Drizzle tzatziki on top, or serve on the side for dipping.