- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1kg cleaned baby octopus halved
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1 red onion sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tblsp honey
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 tsp cayene pepper
- 100g feta cheese chopped
- 1 tblsp fresh shredded basil
- 1 tblsp shredded mint
- 250g cherry tomatoes halved
- Combine juice, honey, garlic, pepper and octopus in a large bowl, cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Drain the octopus over a large bowl and reserve the marinade.
- Cook the octopus in batches on a heated oiled barbecue plate until tender.
- Meanwhile place the reserved marinade in a small saucepan and bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered about 5 minutes or until marinade reduces slightly and then cool.
- Just before serving, place the octopus and marinade in a large bowl with remaining ingredients and toss the Greek Octopus Salad gently to combine.