- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs medium red potatoes
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 lb. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, seeded
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives, drained & chopped
- Start by washing and cutting the potatoes into bit-sized pieces, leaving the skins on.
- Next, cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender. Part of the art of cooking this recipe is ensuring that the potatoes achieve the right level of tenderness. If the potatoes are not tender enough, the dish will suffer as the potato pieces will taste somewhat raw and be crunchy. If the potatoes are too tender, then when mixing the ingredients you'll find that you end up with a sort of oatmeal-like mush.
- While the potatoes are being cooked, mix the oil, vinegar, oregano, and rosemary. After the potatoes are tender, drain them and move the potatoes to a mixing bowl.
- Then pour on the oil/vinegar/spices mix and gently toss in the remaining ingredients. After all of the ingredients have been thoroughly (yet gently!) mixed, let the salad stand for at least thirty minutes before serving. This dish will keep well in the fridge for up to a week.
NotesUnlike a traditional potato salad that uses russet potatoes, the Greek potato salad uses red potatoes. Also, instead of using mayonnaise, the Greek potato salad replaces the mayo with olive oil and feta cheese.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More