- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 quart milk
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup rice
- 1/2 cup sugar (or a little less depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 egg
- Wash rice.
- Bring Water, Rice and salt to a boil.
- Cook Rice not fully but somewhat fluffy but don't burn it.
- Add milk, sugar and Vanilla to a boil over medium heat (not high heat) in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Lower heat and then simmer uncovered for one half hour, stirring occasionally.
- Check to see if mixture is thick. If it is not thick enough continue simmering until thickened. This may take another 5 or 10 minutes. (sometimes adding a teeny bit of corn starch helps to thicken it)
- Take off heat.
- Beat the egg.
- Add a few spoonsful of the rice mixture to the beaten egg and stir. Repeat a couple times.
- Then add the diluted egg mixture to the rice mixture and stir well.
- Put back over low heat for a couple minutes continually stirring.
- Pour into serving dishes and sprinkle with cinnamon.
NotesAnother Greek Recipe :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More