- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 whole cucumber
- 3 or 4 big tomatoes
- 1 pepper, yellow if available
- 1 small mild onion (optional)
- 200g Greek feta cheese
- 1 handful black kalamata or Turkish salty olives
- 3 stems of mint (or dried)
- 3 sprigs of cilantro
- olive oil
- 1. Wash and dry skin of cucumber. Remove skin if necessary. Cut lengthways in 4. Remove the seeds in strips and discard. Chop into smaller bite size pieces. Put in big salad bowl.
- 2. Wash and dry tomatoes. Cut horizontally around the equator and then also cut into bite sizes, add enough to bowl to equal amount of cucumber.
- 3. Wash and dry pepper, cut into bit size pieces. Add salt to the pieces in the salad bowl.
- (4. Peel onion and slice also cutting into bite size pieces. Place in a sieve/colander which fits into a bowl. Add salt to onion shake about and leave for a 5 minutes. Add water to cover onion.)
- 5. Cut feta cheese into cubes add to salad bowl.
- 6. Wash and tear mint leaves off stems and chop finely and sprinkle over feta.
- 7. Wash and dry cilantro. Either tear the leaves and add straight to the bowl or chop and then add.
- (8. Return to soaking onion, rinse and dry as much as possible squeezing it or patting dry in a paper towel. Add around edge of bowl).
- 9. Pour on plenty of olive oil and serve.
NotesVisits to Greece, where the produce is fresh and tasty inspire this creation. There are many variations but this is how we prepare and serve it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14See More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More