- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tblspn shortening
- 3 lbs ground beef (the highest fat content you can get - otherwise, the sauce will dry out and get pasty)
- 3 chopped onions
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- Melt the shortening and brown the ground beef with the onions and garlic.
- When browned, do not drain, add second list of ingredients.
- Simmer until thick, at least 30 minutes. After that, it can be transferred to a crockpot (which is what we do so it doesn't dry out when it's outside during the picnic - this stuff dries out very fast as it cools).
- You know you're doing it right if you see orange pools of fat throughout the sauce.
- This is good stuff.
NotesI heard that "Greek sauce" is a regional type of food. I don't know if this is true, but in case it is, I thought I'd bring it to everyone. This recipe is very similar to the one that used to be made in a local Greek family dinor. It's very high in fat but it goes great over hot dogs at a picnic. We only risk it once a year on Memorial Day
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Simple Homemade Favorites
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More