- Cooking Time: 18 to 20
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryGreek Spinach Triangles (I got these recipes from my CDE - very tasty!)
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 oz feta cheese, finely crumbled
- ½ cup fat-free cottage cheese
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 12 sheets phyllo dough
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick olive oil spray and set aside. Preheat oven to 375°F
- Squeeze excess liquid from the spinach. Set the spinach aside.
- Spray an unheated large skillet with olive oil no-stick spray.
- Add the onions and garlic, cook and stir over medium heat about 3 minutes or until the onions are tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the spinach.
- In a large bowl, combine the feta cheese, cottage cheese and oregano.
- Stir in the spinach mixture and set aside.
- Place on sheet of the phyllo dough on a large piece of wax paper.
- Spray the dough with the non-stick spray repeat layering and spraying the phyllo two more times for a total of 3 sheets. Cover the remaining sheets of phyllo with a damp towel to prevent drying out.
- Cut the stack of prepared phyllo dough lengthwise into six strips.
- For each filled triangle, spoon about 1 tbsp of the spinach mixture about 1 inch from the end of each strip.
- Fold the end over the spinach mixture at a 45° angle.
- Continue folding to form a triangle that encloses the spinach (like folding a flag)
- Repeat for a total of 24 appetizers.
- Place triangles on the prepared cookie sheet. Lightly spray them with the non-stick spray.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.