- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
- FOR THE STUFFING:
- 1 1.5kg Easy Carve leg of lamb, trimmed
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup well-drained, thawed frozen spinach
- 4 spring onions/shallots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- FOR THE MARINADE:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- To make the stuffing, mix breadcrumbs, spinach, spring onions, garlic, pine nuts and butter.
- Trim any excess fat from leg of lamb. Place stuffing in cavity. Tie securely with white kitchen string. Place in a large, shallow dish.
- Make marinade: mix the oil with the lemon rind, lemon juice and oregano in a small bowl. Pour marinade over the lamb, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180C, 10 minutes before roasting.
- Drain marinade into a dish and refrigerate. Place lamb on a rack in a roasting pan; roast for 25 minutes. Pour reserved marinade over; roast for a further 35 minutes for rare, 50 minutes for medium and 65 minutes for well done lamb, basting occasionally. Carve into thick slices and serve.
- TIPS: To make carving easier, start by slicing a wedge out of the centre of the stuffed 'Easy carve' leg of lamb. Use a sharp carving knife to give a good, clean cut. Next, carve thick slices alternately from each side of wedge. This gives attractive slices, each with stuffing. Carving is easier because there is no bone.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Italy or Bust
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More