- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
- FOR THE STUFFING:
- 1 1.5kg Easy Carve leg of lamb, trimmed
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup well-drained, thawed frozen spinach
- 4 spring onions/shallots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- FOR THE MARINADE:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- To make the stuffing, mix breadcrumbs, spinach, spring onions, garlic, pine nuts and butter.
- Trim any excess fat from leg of lamb. Place stuffing in cavity. Tie securely with white kitchen string. Place in a large, shallow dish.
- Make marinade: mix the oil with the lemon rind, lemon juice and oregano in a small bowl. Pour marinade over the lamb, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180C, 10 minutes before roasting.
- Drain marinade into a dish and refrigerate. Place lamb on a rack in a roasting pan; roast for 25 minutes. Pour reserved marinade over; roast for a further 35 minutes for rare, 50 minutes for medium and 65 minutes for well done lamb, basting occasionally. Carve into thick slices and serve.
- TIPS: To make carving easier, start by slicing a wedge out of the centre of the stuffed 'Easy carve' leg of lamb. Use a sharp carving knife to give a good, clean cut. Next, carve thick slices alternately from each side of wedge. This gives attractive slices, each with stuffing. Carving is easier because there is no bone.