- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1.25 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup zucchini, grated and squeezed
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/4 cup seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2-3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/4 red onion, grated
- 2 T. fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 T. chopped fresh mint
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 T. olive oil, or more if needed
- Tzatziki Sauce:
- 8 oz. fat free Greek Yogurt
- 1 small cucumber,peeled and seeded (1 cup grated and drained)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 T. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 T. fresh chives, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh pepper
- Wet bread with water, squeeze out water and tear into small pieces.
- Combine with turkey, egg, zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, mint, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Roll into 1/4 cup size meatballs.
- For best results, refrigerate before cooking to help hold their shape.
- Heat olive oil in non stick frying pan and cook over low heat.
- Serve with Tzatki sauce:
- Strain the yogurt using a metal strainer or coffee filter for a few hours to remove as much liquid as possible. Set aside
- Scoop seeds out of the cucumber with a small spoon. Place cucumber in a mini food processor or grate with a box cheese grater. Drain the liquid, add a little salt, this helps release the liquid.
- Combine strained cucumber, garlic, yogurt, salt, pepper, lemon juice, dill, chives and refrigerate for a few hours before serving
- Can be stored for about a week
- Makes 2 cups
NotesThis is a more healthy version, but you could use ground chuck and regular bread and breadcrumbs if you like.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Cooking with Sabra
Delightful DessertsSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More