- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 c Monterey Jack cheese; shredded
- 2/3 c Green chiles; diced
- 1/3 c Jalapeno peppers
- 1 lb Frozen wonton skins; thawed
- Peanut oil
- Combine cheese, chiles, and pepper; stir well. Working with one wonton skin at a time, spoon about 1 1/2 tsp. cheese mixture in center of each wonton.
- Moisten edges of wonton lightly with water.
- Fold wonton in half to form a triangle, pressing edges together to seal.
- Repeat procedure with remaining wonton skins and
- cheese mixture.
- Chill 20 min.
- Fry wontons in a small amount of hot oil (375) until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt.
NotesOne of my girlfriends made this for a get together and they were so yummy. She served them with an avocado type dip but since I'm not a huge fan of avocado's so I usually just serve them with a sour cream dip or salsa. They are yummy on their own too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Christmas CookiesSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More