GREEN APPLE FLOATS
- Cooking Time: 0 min.
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 min.
- 2 Granny Smith Apples
- 1.5 Quarts of Caramel Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 1 4-pack of 12-oz Bottled Green Apple Jones Soda
- 1. Wash and slice the ripe, unpeeled apples vertically into quarters (or sixths, or eights, it doesn’t matter as long as each person being serving receives one half of one whole apple). Chop off the core sections from each slice, making them each readily eaten as they are.
- 2. To add visual complexity, carve each apple slice into a simple “bunny” pattern. This is achieved by first cutting a semi-deep V-shape into the skin of the apple slice with a small straightedge knife. Then, holding the knife with one hand—with the knife facing toward you—and the thumb of the same hand on the apple slice, carve off the skin in the center of the V by carefully cutting behind the skin of the areas on the sides of the V from the top to the bottom point, effecting turning those areas into “bunny ears.”
- 3. Scoop about 2 or 2 ½ scoops of caramel-cheesecake ice cream into serving glasses, or until each glass is half to three-quarters full. Rest the apples slices on top of the ice cream in each glass.
- 4. Serve the glasses with a 12 oz. bottles of Green Apple Jones Soda on the side, to be poured into the floats at the discretion of each individual served. Also provide spoons, straws, or chopsticks.
NotesI like this concept because in my opinion it's a badly-needed fresh take on an old classic. Also, it's just a nice, easy dessert to make; especially good with ribs.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More