- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 6 oz (approx. 5-6 slices) beef or turkey bacon
- 3 lbs whole green beans (ends removed)
- 1/2 red onion (finely diced)
- 2 Bosc pears (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 lemons (juiced)
- 2 tbsps lemon zest
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Place bacon strips in a cool skillet.
- Turn on medium heat and cook until brown and crispy. Set aside.
- Place green beans in a pot of boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and place immediately into a bowl with ice water for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a separate bowl add lemon juice, lemon zest, brown mustard, honey, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and slowly drizzle in olive oil.
- Whisk until well combined and emulsified.
- Add onions and pears to green beans and toss.
- Pour vinaigrette over bean mixture and toss until well coated.
- Sprinkle cheese over salad and top with crumbled bacon.
- Serve at room temperature.
NotesThis dish is perfect all year round. It's the perfect blend of savory and sweet and it's chock full of nutritious ingredients. A meal all by itself! This will definitely be a show stopper with your family or when entertaining.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Foodie BabySee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More