- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cans Whole Green Beans
- 3/4 cup bean juice(when you cook the beans)
- ham or bacon to season beans(we used bacon)
- 12 slices bacon, fried nearly done but limp
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 4 tbsp. bacon drippings
- Drain beans, place in sauce pan, and barely cover with water. Salt and pepper to taste and add ham or bacon to season beans. Cook at least an hour for flavor to soak into beans. Drain and reserve 3/4 cup cooking liquid. Lay out a strip of bacon, lay about 6-8 beans across it and wrap bacon around the beans, forming a bundle with bacon around the middle and the beans sticking out from each end and secure with a toothpick. Do the same with the remaining beans and bacon.
- Place in a 9X13 inch pan. Combine juice from beans, vinegar, sugar, onion, bacon drippings and salt to taste and bring to a boil. Pour over beans, coating well. Broil 5 minutes, spooning sauce over and turning to allow all sides of bacon to get crispy.
- Two or three bundles usually made a serving.
NotesWe had this for dinner tonight and they were simply wonderful.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More