- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- • 10 slices bacon (maybe more)
- • 1 pound fresh green beans (maybe more)
- • 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- • 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- • 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- • 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Steam green beans for 8 minutes until tender-crisp. Mix all ingredients for sauce. Taste sauce and adjust for your taste.
- Cook bacon briefly until most of the fat is cooked out; don't overcook because crispy bacon doesn't wrap!
- Place 8 green beans at the edge of each piece of bacon; whole strips of bacon are easier to roll.
- Season lightly w/ salt, pepper, garlic powder before rolling (Not too much, though).
- Roll bacon and secure with tooth pick.
- Place into baking/chafing dish.
- Brush half of sauce over bundles.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes (apx.)
- Then baste with more sauce and pour remaining sauce over green beans.
- They are done when edges begin to shrivel.
- These can be done ahead of time and reheated in the oven.
NotesThis recipe has been around our family for ages. It is an easy one to make in advance when large crowds are expected....and it is fun for the kids...because it is a veggie finger food. Besides....there is bacon...and just about anything is good when bacon is involved!
Submitted by: "Lotus Hubbard"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Babette's Test Kitchen
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More