- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can (10 ¾ ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 4 cups cooked green beans
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup milk
- 1 1/3 cups French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the soup, milk and pepper in a 1 ½ quart casserole dish. Stir in green beans and 2/3 cup of the fried onions.
- Bake the entire casserole for 25 to 30 minutes. Pull the casserole out of the oven and add the remaining fried onions (some people add the onions to the top and others only place them around the sides of the pan).
- Continue baking for another five minutes or until the onions turn lightly brown on top.
- The traditional recipe is a favorite for many families but adding or modifying it to suit your family’s needs and likes is a great way to personalize this dish and make it even more amazing than the standard green bean casserole recipe.
NotesOne family favorite side dish during the Christmas is the infamous Green Bean Casserole, it’s probably the addition of French fried onions that makes it such a treat. The traditional recipe is listed below, but feel free to dress it up a little and add your own delicious touches, like some crumbled bacon.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More