- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-3 handfuls of green beans (cleaned and trimmed)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
- Vegetable or Canola oil for frying
- Boil green beans in water or broth for 10-15 minutes or until they are to your desired tenderness.
- Then place in cold water to stop the cooking process
- Beat egg and milk together in a shallow bowl
- Place the flour into another shallow bowl
- Combine breadcrumbs and seasonings into a 3rd shallow bowl
- Take a few beans at a time from the cold water (shake off excess water) and coat them in the flour, then into the milk/egg mixture, then the breadcrumb mixture
- Place all the beans to the side on a plate until you have them all coated
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees and fry the beans (a few at a time) until golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Drain beans onto paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt if desired and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More