- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 lb green beans, washed and trimmed (about 3 cups trimmed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- Mince the clove of garlic. In a bowl, combine and toss the minced garlic, green beans, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread them evenly over a baking sheet and roast them in a 375F oven for about 30 minutes.
- Toast the walnuts in a small dry skillet over medium heat for a couple of minutes and then transfer them to a small bowl to cool. Add to the bowl the remaining olive oil, mustard, vinegar, onion, shallot, basil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix everything together.
- Transfer everything into a big, serving bowl and whisk. Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More