- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red or yellow pepper
- 1-1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Steam or microwave green beans just until tender. Set aside.
- In non-stick skillet, heat oil; saute garlic, onion and red pepper just until tender.
- Add green beans, tomatoes, basil, oregano, chicken stock and lemon juice; cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan (if using).
NotesNutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe):
Calories: 77, Carbohydrate: 13 g, Fiber: 3 g, Protein: 3 g,
Fat: 3 g, Sodium: 74 mg, Cholesterol: 1 mg
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 Vegetables, 1/2 Fat