- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 slices bacon, cut into thirds
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 8 small new potatoes, halved if large
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan or medium Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until it has rendered most of its fat and has begun to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the green beans and potatoes and enough water to just cover them. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, then cover the pan and simmer until the beans are very tender, about 1 hour, stirring occasionally and adding more water if necessary to keep the beans covered. As the beans get close to being done they will become quite fragile, so take care when stirring.
NotesRecipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More