- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs of green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted (don’t toast too long
- Cook green beans in a large pot of boiling salted water until just crisp-tender; about 5 minutes. Using a large diameter strainer, transfer beans to a large bowl of ice water, cool completely. Drain well. (At this point you can make the beans a day ahead, store in refrigerator.) Alternatively you can steam the beans for 5 minutes and proceed directly to the skillet.
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter in a heavy large skillet over medium high heat. Whisk in 1 Tbsp of fresh thyme, 1 Tbsp of mustard and 1 teaspoon of garlic salt into butter. Add beans to skillet and toss until heated through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and remaining 1 Tbsp of thyme.
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More