- Cooking Time: 28
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3 bunches green onion
- 10 cups chicken stock
- 3 potatoes, medium size
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 lb sorrel or spinach
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 2 tbsp dill
- 3 eggs, hardboiled
- Sour cream to taste
- Sauté green onions in oil until deep golden in color, about 15 minutes.
- Bring the stock to a simmer and add potatoes.
- Simmer, covered, until the potatoes are cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon, mash them coarsely (they should still be in tiny little pieces, not puréed), and return to the stock.
- Add onions. Adjust salt and pepper.
- When the stock comes to a simmer once more, add the sorrel; let simmer for 3 minutes, then take off heat.
- Stir in cilantro and dill, and serve immediately.
- (Keep in mind that sorrel overcooks very quickly).
- Place hard boiled egg slices in each bowl before pouring the soup.
- Serve with sour cream on the side.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More