Green Chicken Enchilada Casserole
4 Shredded chicken breast
4 medium Tomatillo
1/3 cup bunched up cilantro
A pinch of Salt (three fingers)
2 cups of vegetable oil
Toppings Lettuce (optional)
1. Pre Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Make sure you cooked and shredded your chicken.
3. In a sauce pot add 4 cups of water bring to a boil and add the tomatillos and jalapeños cook for 3-5 min until soft.
4. Add the tomatillos, jalapeños, water, cilantro and onion in to the blender with 1 tsb of salt and the chicken season blend and set aside
5. In a large skillet add 2 cups of vegetable oil, on medium high heat then add a tortilla 1-2 min on each side make sure you have a 15x10 glass baking dish, start placing 6 tortillas then top with shredded chicken, mozzarella and the sauce and repeat another layer if you want or another 2 layers (optional)
7. Once you have finished cover with foil and place into the oven for 25 min. open up and check if cheese has melted. Top with lettuce, sour cream and more cheese Enjoy!
Pairs Well With
We love enchiladas and one day my mom decided to make it like a layered cake but with tortilla, chicken, cheese and sauce putting it into the oven and ever since then we have made it like that. I'm sure you guys will love it