- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can green enchilada sauce
- 2 cans chopped green chiles
- corn tortillas (about 10)torn into pieces (about 8 per tortilla)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- shredded cheese
- In a skillet, brown beef, with the onion. salt and pepper beef as you normally would.
- Drain, but not TOO dry...a little fat is OK.
- with beef, mix the cream of mushroom soup and chopped chiles.
- In a casserole sprayed with pam, layers: corn tortillas, beef mixture, 1/3-1/2 of the enchilada sauce, and shredded cheese.
- Repeat layers again, ending with cheese on top.
- bake at 350 until bubbly throughout...then SLAP YOUR MOMMA!
NotesThis is a perfect TEX-MEX dish. It is one of those casseroles that my OKIE relatives love to have. You can easily spice it or "gringo" it down. AND, it is super easy to make. a real winner!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More