GREEN CHILE CHICKEN CHILI
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 3 (15 ounce) cans white beans
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
Slowly cook and stir the onion until tender.
Mix in the garlic, jalapeno, green chile peppers, cumin, oregano and cayenne.
Continue to cook and stir the mixture until tender, about 3 minutes.
Mix in the chicken broth, chicken and white beans.
Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove the mixture from heat.
Slowly stir in the cheese until melted.
I have also made this in a crock pot by just adding all ingredients, except cheese, and cooking on low for about 4-6 hours, or until chicken is done. Leave breast whole for cooking, then just scoop out, debone and chop up, then return to crock pot. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheese on top with tortilla chips...YUM