- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 3 (15 ounce) cans white beans
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Slowly cook and stir the onion until tender.
- Mix in the garlic, jalapeno, green chile peppers, cumin, oregano and cayenne.
- Continue to cook and stir the mixture until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the chicken broth, chicken and white beans.
- Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the mixture from heat.
- Slowly stir in the cheese until melted.
- Serve warm.
- I have also made this in a crock pot by just adding all ingredients, except cheese, and cooking on low for about 4-6 hours, or until chicken is done. Leave breast whole for cooking, then just scoop out, debone and chop up, then return to crock pot. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheese on top with tortilla chips...YUM
NotesThis is very good recipe. My family loves this and I usually have the ingredients on hand.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More