- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 30
BackstoryMy family and I are from Colorado/Texas and love good Mexican dishes! This one is my favorite and definitely a crowd-pleaser. I get rave reviews and get asked for the recipe all the time. The best part? It's quick and easy! Can boil the chicken instead to save time.
Submitted by: "Deb Conn"
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- garlic salt to taste
- 18 (6 inch) corn tortillas, torn in half
- 1 (28 ounce) can green Chile enchilada sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container reduced fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Season chicken with garlic salt. Arrange in the prepared baking dish. Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Cool, shred, and set aside.
- (OPTIONAL) With metal tongs, char each tortilla half over the open flame of a gas stove burner for about 1 minute, until lightly puffed.
- Pour about 1/2 inch enchilada sauce in the bottom of a medium baking dish, and arrange 6 tortillas in a single layer. Top with 1/2 the chicken, 1/3 cheese, 1/2 the sour cream, and 1/3 of the remaining enchilada sauce. Repeat. Coat remaining tortillas thoroughly with remaining enchilada sauce, and arrange on top of the layers. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, and top with any remaining enchilada sauce
- Cover, and bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool slightly before serving.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Oreo Dessert (Cookies & Cream)
Homemade Baking PowderSee More