- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Saute these ingredients together until soft and then set aside.
- 1/2 stick margarine
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped (tops and all)
- chopped jalapenos (use accordingly)
- I also add a little chopped cilantro.
- In a large bowl mix all together:
- 4 cups cooked rice (jasmine rice is very good with chicken & pork)
- 1-2 cans diced green chiles
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar or longhorn cheese (or more to taste) Colby Jack is also good.
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Mix the sauteed mixture above with the rice mixture and put in a greased casserole dish. Bake covered at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes and the last 15 minutes, uncovered. Usually, it takes longer in my oven to heat this dish all the way through piping hot.
- Children really like this dish. When making it, leave out the jalapenos in a separate sauteed mixture. Then finish preparing as usual.
- I find that this dish is so much better if prepared the day before and then refrigerated and baked. The flavors mingle so well together overnight.
NotesVery Good with all dishes!