- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Saute these ingredients together until soft and then set aside.
- 1/2 stick margarine
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped (tops and all)
- chopped jalapenos (use accordingly)
- I also add a little chopped cilantro.
- In a large bowl mix all together:
- 4 cups cooked rice (jasmine rice is very good with chicken & pork)
- 1-2 cans diced green chiles
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar or longhorn cheese (or more to taste) Colby Jack is also good.
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Mix the sauteed mixture above with the rice mixture and put in a greased casserole dish. Bake covered at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes and the last 15 minutes, uncovered. Usually, it takes longer in my oven to heat this dish all the way through piping hot.
- Children really like this dish. When making it, leave out the jalapenos in a separate sauteed mixture. Then finish preparing as usual.
- I find that this dish is so much better if prepared the day before and then refrigerated and baked. The flavors mingle so well together overnight.
NotesVery Good with all dishes!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More