- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 c Monterey Jack cheese; shredded
- 2/3 c Green chiles; diced
- 1/3 c Jalapeno peppers
- 1 lb Frozen wonton skins; thawed
- Peanut oil
- Combine cheese, chiles, and pepper; stir well. Working with one wonton skin at a time, spoon about 1 1/2 tsp. cheese mixture in center of each wonton.
- Moisten edges of wonton lightly with water.
- Fold wonton in half to form a triangle, pressing edges together to seal.
- Repeat procedure with remaining wonton skins and
- cheese mixture.
- Chill 20 min.
- Fry wontons in a small amount of hot oil (375) until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt.
NotesOne of my girlfriends made this for a get together and they were so yummy. She served them with an avocado type dip but since I'm not a huge fan of avocado's so I usually just serve them with a sour cream dip or salsa. They are yummy on their own too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Food Travels Through Italy
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More