- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 eggs
- Cheese (I prefer Parmigiano Reggiano and cheddar)
- Fully cooked ham steaks
- Pineapple juice (room temp) or water
- Green food coloring
- Melt the butter, scramble the eggs.
- Add a splash of milk and a drop or two of the food coloring. DON'T overdo the coloring, it's better to go easy and work up.
- Mix it all up and add more coloring if necessary.
- When it starts to firm, add the cheeses and finish.
- Meanwhile, put the pineapple juice (or water) in a dish and add a drop or two of the food coloring - same rule as above. Turn the ham over a couple of times until it's the shade you want and then heat it either in the microwave or in the oven and it's ready.
- To top it off, we had green milk to wash it down.
NotesThis is very simple, but it's a great idea for kids especially after they've read the story. My mom made this when we were kids to prove the story to us