- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 eggs
- Cheese (I prefer Parmigiano Reggiano and cheddar)
- Fully cooked ham steaks
- Pineapple juice (room temp) or water
- Green food coloring
- Melt the butter, scramble the eggs.
- Add a splash of milk and a drop or two of the food coloring. DON'T overdo the coloring, it's better to go easy and work up.
- Mix it all up and add more coloring if necessary.
- When it starts to firm, add the cheeses and finish.
- Meanwhile, put the pineapple juice (or water) in a dish and add a drop or two of the food coloring - same rule as above. Turn the ham over a couple of times until it's the shade you want and then heat it either in the microwave or in the oven and it's ready.
- To top it off, we had green milk to wash it down.
NotesThis is very simple, but it's a great idea for kids especially after they've read the story. My mom made this when we were kids to prove the story to us
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Adventures in CookingSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More