Green Giant Niblets Corn in Butter Sauce
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
2 (16 ounces) bags frozen corn (yellow "or" shoepeg white, any brand)
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup butter , cut up
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1. Add corn to large sauce pan along with all ingredients except water and cornstarch.
2. Stir corn mixture over medium heat until butter is melted.
3. Combine water and cornstarch and stir until cornstarch is disolved.
4. Slowly add water to corn in sauce pan, stirring constantly.
5. Reduce heat to simmer and stir until sauce thickens.
6. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until corn is tender, about 10 minutes.
20 minutes ( 5 mins prep time, 15 mins cook time )