- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 large leek, cleaned and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 cups kale, chopped
- 1 large potato, baked
- 4 cups veggie broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute leek in olive oil until soft in a large soup pot.
- Add kale and cook until wilted.
- Add broth and cook for 30 minutes on low heat.
- Place half of the soup mixture and the baked potato into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for a minute or two until smooth.
- Pour mixture back into pot containing the rest of the soup.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
NotesThis soup is one of those things that feels so good for you. Each time I make it, it’s like my cells are saying “YES!”
Note: I often make this soup as a way to use up leftover baked potatoes. It saves time, clears out my fridge, AND tastes delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
DIY Tasty Gift Ideas
The Social Cookbook
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More