- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 large leek, cleaned and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 cups kale, chopped
- 1 large potato, baked
- 4 cups veggie broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute leek in olive oil until soft in a large soup pot.
- Add kale and cook until wilted.
- Add broth and cook for 30 minutes on low heat.
- Place half of the soup mixture and the baked potato into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for a minute or two until smooth.
- Pour mixture back into pot containing the rest of the soup.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
NotesThis soup is one of those things that feels so good for you. Each time I make it, it’s like my cells are saying “YES!”
Note: I often make this soup as a way to use up leftover baked potatoes. It saves time, clears out my fridge, AND tastes delicious!
My Family Cookbook
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More