- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 500g Tomatillos (green tomatoes)
- 3 spring onions
- 1 big tsp dried cilantro (koriander)
- 1 garlic clove
- some red chilli powder or a part of a Jalapeno finely cut
- 500g Haddock files (Ýsa)
- 3 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- some salt
- First peel the leaves off the tomatillos. Rinse tomatillos under cold water. Put the tomatillos in whole in a pot with cold water,just enough to cover the tomatillos to half. Let cook for 10 minutes on moderate heat. Sieve the water away and cool a bit. Meanwhile wash and drypat fish. Pour lime juice over fish and salt and let stand. Put some oil in an oven proof plate. Lay fish in there with lime juice and salted side down, add salt to the other side of fish also and some lime juice if left.
- Put the cooked tomatillos along with the remaining ingredients in a kitchen helper (matvinnsluvél) and mix til very small. Then pour over fish and bake in the oven til fish is cooked through.
- Serve with Green Mexican Rice!