- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup of shredded Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 3/4 cup AP Flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- A pinch of Cayenne pepper
- Green olives of your choice
- With an electric mixer, blend softened butter with shredded cheese.
- In a separate bowl whisk flour with salt, paprika and cayenne.
- Add Cheese mixture to the Flour mixture and mix into a soft dough.
- Chill for 1 hour
- OK, this is the hard part.
- Drain and dry your olives well, or you will have a hard time doing this as the dough will not stick to the olive at all and will soak up the brine and become gooey.
- Take a small amount of dough and wrap it around the olive, to completely encase it.
- Bake on an ungreased baking sheet at 400 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes.
NotesI think this is one of the most lasting recipes to ever come out of the 70's. When someone is exposed to them for the first time they always get this look of doubt on their face. Then, with something that could only be construed as fear, they pop one into their mouth, and then another, and then another... Before you know it, they are hiding in the corner with the plate in their lap, shoveling these little savory bits of cheesy goodness into their mouths and screaming for more... This maked a lot if you are using the small Manzamilla olives, not quite as many if you use the Queen olives. but the Queens come stuffed with Garlic or Almonds or Jalapenos or even anchovies. So take your pick, it's up to you, get creative... I particularly liked the Onion/Vermouth soaked olives... I was terribly unimpressed though by the Feta stuffed as well as the Blue Cheese stuffed... They just conflicted with the Cheddar
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking for a Cure
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Adventures in CookingSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More