Green Onion Parmesan Crepes with Ricotta, Spinach and Bacon
1 cup cold water
1 cup milk
1 tsp salt
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons melted butter
¼ cup chopped green onion
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1. Add butter to a pan on medium heat. Once butter has melted, add mushrooms. Saute until mushrooms are tender, about 5-10 minutes, before adding spinach, add one tablespoon of olive oil.
2. Add spinach to pan, cover with lid for about 1 minute. Once spinach begins to wilt, add bacon, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Stir to mix seasoning in, remove mixture to a bowl once spinach is cooked, add ricotta and mix ingredients together.
1. Combine water, milk, eggs & salt in blender or bowl if using a handle blender.
2. Add flour, butter, green onion, and parmesan, blend at high speed for about 1 minute until ingredients are combined. Mixture will be quite thin, just thick enough to coat a spoon. Refrigerate for at least one hour, or overnight.
3. To cook crepes, get a pan on medium heat. Spread a thin film of butter on pan.
4. Pour a ¼ cup of crepe batter into your pan, slowly rotating the pan with your wrist to spread the batter in a circle.
5. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until crepe begins to brown.
6. Flip and cook for another minute or until browned.
7. Place filling in middle of crepe and roll together, or if folding the crepe, place filling in one quarter of the crepe, fold in half once, and then fold in half once more (resulting in a triangle).
Pairs Well With
When it comes to crepes, I prefer the savoury over the sweet. My initial plan was to stuff it with ricotta, spinach, bacon and mushrooms, but in a stroke of genius, I decided to put some green onion and parmesan cheese in the crepe batter. Best decision ever! These things smelled so good while cooking, and taste incredible.