GREEN RICE CASSEROLE
- Servings: 4
- 2+1/2 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese (I use sharp)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tbsp chopped green pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 2 small eggs, beaten (I use 1 large)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (I use Canola)
- 2 tsp salt (I omit salt)
- 1/4 tsp seasoning salt (I use Mrs. Dash)
- juice and grated rind of 1/2 lemon
Mix rice, parsley, cheese, onion, green pepper and garlic in greased 2 qt casserole. Stir in remaining ingredients. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350ÂºF for about 45 minutes or until the consistency is that of a soft custard.
This recipe comes from one of my favorite restaurants in Kansas City, Missouri. Stephenson's Apple Farm is known for its outstanding menu. This is a signature dish.