- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 cups rice
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 cups herbs (parsley, dill and coriander- 1 cup of each) chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3-4 cardamom pods, crushed (can substitute ginger)
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, heat the oil and saute the onion until light golden. Add the herbs, spices, and 4.5 cups of boiling water.
- 2. Cook for about 10 minutes, taste and adjust the seasoning. The broth should be salty and spicy.
- 3. Add the rice and cook over medium heat until it has absorbed the liquid. Stir the rice with a fork to distribute the herbs evenly.
- 4. Cover and cook 10 minutes on minimum heat. Turn off the heat, fluff the rice with a fork, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
NotesAgain from the "Book of New Israeli Food" cookbook.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More