- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- For the Creamy Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette dressing:
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup canned, diced green chilies
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- Kosher salt, to taste
- For the salad:
- 1 bag (9 ounces each) romaine lettuce mix or 1 pound romaine lettuce, cleaned of damaged leaves, cored, washed, and broken in bite-size pieces
- 1 small head radicchio, cored and broken in bite-size pieces
- 36 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) posole (whole hominy), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 3 scallions (green onions), trimmed and sliced
- 1/3 cup canned, sliced ripe olives
- To make the dressing purée all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Toss the romaine, radicchio, tomatoes, posole, carrot, scallions, and olives in a large salad bowl. Toss with the dressing and serve.
NotesToss crisp lettuce and other veggies with a velvety vinaigrette made with fiber- and protein-rich creamy cannellini beans, chilies, lime, cilantro and hot-pepper sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
50 Shades of Taste
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More