GREEN STIR FRY WITH NOODLE
- About 1 gal. water
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 1 dried chili
- Sprig of rosemary
- 2 whole cloves
- Fresh herbs of any kind…just to flavor the water
- 12 wonton skins
- 6 T butter*
- 6 T olive oil*
- 1 large onion, julienned
- 2 T garlic, mashed and minced
- 1” fresh ginger - mashed to paste
- 36 fresh pea pods - julienned
- 1 Red sweet pepper - julienned
- 8 shrimp
- 8 sea scallops
- 6 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 large bag mixed baby greens
- *for lower fat, substitute any or all with broth...1 T at a time...
Cook wonton in flavored water till tender - then 1-2 minutes more.
Run water on a cookie sheet - dump it out, but do not dry.
Drain wonton noodles - do not rinse - immediately separate on cookie sheet.
Roll each noodle tightly, cigar style, from straight edge, not corner.
Separate on cookie sheet - not touching
Cover with saran and then with a towel to help retain heat.
In a large skillet, heat oil and butter.
Add onion and saute till just starting to turn brown.
Add garlic, ginger, scallops and pea pods and peppers.
Saute till peppers are starting to soften.
Add shrimp and tomatoes - saute till seafood is just cooked.
Put 3 noodles in each serving dish.
Add greensto skillet, all at once - stir and turn to coat completely.
When greens glisten and wilt slightly, spoon over noodles and serve.