- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2C water
- 4tbs Matcha green tea powder
- 1 1/2 sticks butter softened
- 3tbs matcha green tea powder
- 3tbs water
- 5C powdered sugar
- Preheat ove to 350
- Prepare cupcake pans with liners and butter spray
- Combine tea powder and cake mix, add water, egg whites and oil to mix thoroughly.
- Spoon batter evenly into the cupcake pans at bake for 20 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Wait until cupcakes are completely cooled to make the frosting.
- Combine water and tea powder to make a paste.
- Cream butter and tea until completely combined.
- Gradually add powdered sugar until you reach the consistency you like for frosting.
- I like mine to be fairly firm so that I can pipe it onto the cupcakes.
NotesA good friends birthday was last week and I wanted to make something really special for her. Green is her favorite color and this idea just sprung into my head while at work! Ever since I have been a little obsessed with home made buttercream frosting.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More