- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2C water
- 4tbs Matcha green tea powder
- 1 1/2 sticks butter softened
- 3tbs matcha green tea powder
- 3tbs water
- 5C powdered sugar
- Preheat ove to 350
- Prepare cupcake pans with liners and butter spray
- Combine tea powder and cake mix, add water, egg whites and oil to mix thoroughly.
- Spoon batter evenly into the cupcake pans at bake for 20 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Wait until cupcakes are completely cooled to make the frosting.
- Combine water and tea powder to make a paste.
- Cream butter and tea until completely combined.
- Gradually add powdered sugar until you reach the consistency you like for frosting.
- I like mine to be fairly firm so that I can pipe it onto the cupcakes.
NotesA good friends birthday was last week and I wanted to make something really special for her. Green is her favorite color and this idea just sprung into my head while at work! Ever since I have been a little obsessed with home made buttercream frosting.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More