- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 to 8 medium green tomatoes2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pastry to 9-inch 2-crust pie
- Wash the green tomatoes well; peel and slice.
- In a saucepan, combine tomatoes with lemon juice, peel, salt, and cinnamon.
- Cook tomato mixture over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch; stir into tomato mixture.
- Cook mixture until clear, stirring constantly. Add butter, remove from heat, and let stand until slightly cooled.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry; pour in tomato mixture.
- Cover with top pastry, seal edges, crimp, and cut several small slits in crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 435° for 35 to 45 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Serve warm or cooled.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More