- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 to 8 medium green tomatoes2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pastry to 9-inch 2-crust pie
- Wash the green tomatoes well; peel and slice.
- In a saucepan, combine tomatoes with lemon juice, peel, salt, and cinnamon.
- Cook tomato mixture over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch; stir into tomato mixture.
- Cook mixture until clear, stirring constantly. Add butter, remove from heat, and let stand until slightly cooled.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry; pour in tomato mixture.
- Cover with top pastry, seal edges, crimp, and cut several small slits in crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 435° for 35 to 45 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Serve warm or cooled.
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More