- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 to 8 medium green tomatoes2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pastry to 9-inch 2-crust pie
- Wash the green tomatoes well; peel and slice.
- In a saucepan, combine tomatoes with lemon juice, peel, salt, and cinnamon.
- Cook tomato mixture over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch; stir into tomato mixture.
- Cook mixture until clear, stirring constantly. Add butter, remove from heat, and let stand until slightly cooled.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry; pour in tomato mixture.
- Cover with top pastry, seal edges, crimp, and cut several small slits in crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 435° for 35 to 45 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Serve warm or cooled.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More