- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 quart ground onions
- 1 quart ground cabbage, about 1 large head
- 1 quart ground green tomatoes
- 18 bell peppers, a combination of green, red, and other colors, ground*
- 1/2 cup salt
- 6 cups sugar
- 4 cups vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons celery seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- Combine onions, cabbage, green tomatoes, green and red bell peppers and salt; cover and let stand overnight. In the morning drain well. Put vegetables in a large kettle; add sugar, vinegar, water, celery seed and tumeric. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Pack into hot sterilized pint jars.
- Seal and process in a boiling water canner for 5 minutes. (1,001 to 6,000 feet, process 10 minutes) *Red bell peppers can be expensive, but they are sweeter and add color to the relish. Makes 8 to 10 pints.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More