- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups chopped green tomato
- 3 cups boiling water
- 3 T minced onion
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 T butter
- 3 T flour
- 4 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- Simmer tomato in water with onion and salt until tender - 20-25 minutes.
- Add soda and stir to combine.
- In a double boiler, melt butter, add flour and mix well.
- Add milk gradually and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir in tomato mixture and season with salt and pepper.
NotesWhen fall is about to shut down the garden, and not all the fruit has time to ripen....one thing to do with those green tomatoes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More