- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups chopped green tomato
- 3 cups boiling water
- 3 T minced onion
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 T butter
- 3 T flour
- 4 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- Simmer tomato in water with onion and salt until tender - 20-25 minutes.
- Add soda and stir to combine.
- In a double boiler, melt butter, add flour and mix well.
- Add milk gradually and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir in tomato mixture and season with salt and pepper.
NotesWhen fall is about to shut down the garden, and not all the fruit has time to ripen....one thing to do with those green tomatoes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More