- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup diced carrots
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3lbs green tomatoes, cored and roughly chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/3 cup creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high head. Add the onion and carrot and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions turn translucent.
- 2. Meanwhile, crush the coriander with a mortar and pestle or the side of a knife. Add it to the pot along with the garlic and saute for another 3 minutes.
- 3. Stir in the tomato, stock, salt, and pepper, then bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low to bring the soup to a simmer and cook for another 30 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp, then transfer the bacon to a paper-towel lined plate.
- 5. Using a food processor or blender, puree the soup until smooth (this may take a few batches in a blender). return the soup to the pot to medium heat and stir in the creme fraiche along with the dill, thyme, and honey. Cook for another minute or two. Taste and adjust the seasonings as desired. Serve hot.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
50 Shades of Taste
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More