- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 3-5 stalks Swiss chard
- 1 zucchini or yellow summer squash
- 1 6.5oz can clams
- 4 large lasagna noodles*
- 2 cups tomato sauce (homemade is best)
- Parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- red pepper flake
- Chiffonade Swiss chard and use peeler to make "noodles" from long sweeping lengths of zucchini.
- Coat bottom of casserole pan with olive oil. Add Swiss chard to pan. Sprinkle with salt, red pepper flake and grated Parmesan cheese. Cover with 2 large noodles (the noodles that I use can cover the pan with only 2 noodles--use more if necessary but allow cracks for sauce to flow into bottom of pan).
- Drain clams, reserve liquid. Layer clams on top of noodles in pan. Sprinkle with more grated Parmesan cheese. Top with 2 more noodles.
- Add zucchini 'noodles' to pan on top of lasagna noodles. If tomato sauce is thick, thin it with reserved clam juice. Pour tomato sauce over top. Sprinkle with more grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 350f.
- Time in oven depends upon your lasagna noodles. 45 minutes max will work for most--check at 30 minutes.
- *use 'no boil' noodles or make your own from scratch.
Notesupdated to gluten-free, Nov-16, 2010 (no ingredient changes required)
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Pizzoccheri Alla Valtellinesi
Summer Focaccia Basil SaladSee More