- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 clove garlic, minced, or 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Few dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- American cheese slices (optional)
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
- Tomato slices (optional)
- Red onion slices (optional)
- Pickle slices (optional)
- For sauce, in a small saucepan combine garlic or onion, catsup, steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, cooking oil, vinegar, and hot pepper sauce. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine ground beef, salt, and pepper; mix well. Shape meat mixture into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- To Cook by Indirect Grill Method: In a covered grill arrange preheated coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above the pan. Place meat on the grill rack over the drip pan. Cover and grill for 20 to 24 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted in side of burger registers 160 degree F, turning once halfway through grilling time and brushing frequently with sauce during the last 5 minutes of grilling.
- To Cook by Direct Grill Method: Grill meat on the grill rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 14 to 18 minutes or until no pink remains, turning once halfway through grilling time and brushing frequently with sauce.
- To serve, split and toast the buns on the grill. Serve patties in buns with cheese, lettuce, tomato, red onion, and pickle, if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More