- Cooking Time: 12-15
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryI kind of made it up based on a pizza grill recipe I found, but altered. I've tried it several times this summer and it has a great grill taste!
- Pizza Dough (I use Trader Joe's fresh from their refrigerator case), divided in two.
- Sliced Procuitto
- Artichoke Hearts
- Crumbled Goat Cheese
- Pitted Kalamata Olives
- Grated Mozzarella (approx 3 cups)
- Pizza Sauce (I don't like a lot, but you can use as much as you want)
- Olive Oil
- Preheat Grill to Medium-high.
- Divide dough into two - it will be sticky, so I pour a little olive oil into a small bowl before putting the dough in. Then turn a few times to coat and help it not stick.
- Stretch one of the dough balls into a flat-ish circle (or square - it will be uneven, that's part of the charm) and lay directly on the grill. Don't over stretch, once you get too many holes, the dough won't stick back together well because of the oil.
- Do the same with the next ball of dough.
- Grill each for 5 minutes, or until dough looks cooked through, but is not burned!
- Remove from grill and flip over.
- Put pizza sauce, mozzarella, and other toppings on grilled side of dough.
- Place pizza back on grill and lower heat to medium. Grill for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove and enjoy!